Road Bike / Road racing bike
This is a really nice, retro racing bike made by Raleigh which is fully original with loads of retro style. It’s a great looking, traditional 10 speed British bike from the 1970, early 1980s. In this era, Raleigh was the best known and largest British bike manufacturer. This would be great for the L’Eroica Vintage Bike event. I have just fitted a new drivetrain, so there is now many thousands of enjoyable miles left in it (the photos were taken before I fitted them).
This frame size would suit an average height to tall person. In the photos it is set up me and I am 5’ 9” (175cm) tall. It is fine for me, but as you can see, the saddle post can be lowered a little and also raised for someone much taller. It is in good condition, serviced, cleaned, lubricated and well maintained. There is NO rust, nor dents anywhere. ALL the components, paint and decals are original, except for the drivetrain (chain and freewheel) and bar tape, which I have replaced with similar, but brand new ones.
- 60cm (23.5 inch) good quality steel frame
- 10 gears with down tube shifters (as required for L’Eroica)
- 27 x 1 ¼ Raleigh wheelset with 36 spokes (L'Eroica compliant)
- Original 27 inch Panaracer Pasela Tourguard tyres
- Brand new padded handlebar tape
- Great Weinmann brakes with dual control levers (control from drops and top)
- Comfortable Selle Royal Saddle
- SKS Bluemels Olympic mudguards (really nice!)
- Huret derailleurs and shifters
- Raleigh crankset
I can email more photos if required.
For the genuinely serious buyer, I may be able to deliver in Cambridge city or the surrounding villages if it helps the buyer.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks for looking!